Paediatric First Aid (Refresher)
£20.00 + VAT
On completing the course, learners will:
- Complete a primary assessment on an injured child
- Know the steps to administer CPR to a child or infant casualty
- Place a child or infant casualty in the recovery position
- Understand the importance of knowing the medical history of children in your care
- Understand reasons why a child may lose consciousness
- Respond to a child suffering with diabetes complications, epilepsy, febrile seizures, high temperatures, poisoning, allergic reactions, meningitis or septicemia
- Respond to situations or conditions which may affect a child’s breathing such as choking, smoke inhalation, drowning, asthma, croup and hyperventilation
- Make a secondary assessment of non life-threatening injuries
- Respond to a child suffering with injuries like bleeding wounds, head injuries, sprains, fractures, burns and electric shock
This course has been accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to the universally accepted Continuous Professional Development Guidelines. On successful completion, you can download and print your certificates from the learner management system.
It takes approximately two hours to complete the entire course.
This course is certificated on its completion. The length of time you take is entirely dependent on how quickly you can study and absorb the information. Remember, it’s important to learn the content and not to rush through the course. Please do take notes during these courses.