Manual Handling for Childcare Professionals
£20.00 + VAT
On completing the course, learners should understand:
- The importance of maintaining good posture in a working environment designed for the needs of the children
- Injuries caused from poor posture and manual handling activities in childcare settings
- Legal responsibilities as an employer or employee outlined in relevant health and safety legislation and guidelines
- Risk assessment principles, assessing risks, planning and preparation
- Practical way to reduce risks, planning and preparation
- Practical ways to reduce risks and avoid injury
- Handling techniques for safely lifting, holding, turning and lowering furniture, equipment, babies, toddlers and young children
- What lifting and carrying equipment is available
This course is certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to the universally accepted Continuous Professional Development Guidelines. On successful completion, you can instantly download certificates from the system.
It takes approximately 45 minutes to complete the entire course.
This course is certificated on its completion. The length of time you take is entirely dependent on how quickly you can study and absorb the information. Remember, it’s important to learn the content and not to rush through the course. Please do take notes during these courses.